Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Connor here, figured I'd do one more post before my giant tear-inducing long post tomorrow night.


The majority of our adventures have (mostly) been transcribed here, so I'll go with what hasn't been mentioned/random crap. I'm winging this mostly. During our shopping, I learned something new about our bro Adarsha: he fucking loves Godzilla. He spent roughly an hour and a half in one Godzilla figurine store figuring out which one he should go with. (My vote was for this awesome RC Car-like one that you could control, but that was rejected) One way or another, we've all been burning our wallets like we burned that cockroach in the holy fire of aerosol and lighter flame. The food here is as awesome as I remember growing up on it, and even the McDonald's here is healthier than the American counterpart. And finally, at long last, I managed to find a souvenir for a certain girl who is horribly hard to shop for. You know who you are. *cough*Grace*cough* 


One truly awesome thing happened tonight. I had a full conversation in (almost) entirely Japanese. Turns out I'm actually way better than I thought I was. Actually after all the Japanese I've used on this trip my confidence has spiked a bit, and my ability to become fluent, which seemed borderline impossible at first, feels much more real, and the idea of moving here after I graduate also doesn't feel ridiculous anymore.


End of rant. I'll be making one last actually non-shit one tomorrow night. It'll be all emotional and shit, so prep your handkerchiefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment